Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Chinese Lesson #20 - How much $

We have been working on the vocab from lesson 20 for 2 weeks and will continue to do so throughout this week and next. A hard copy of this lesson will be included in homework folders this Friday.


Character Pin Yin English Translation
kuai measure word for some objects
tai too
gui expensive
可以 ke yi OK, all right.
mai to sell
gei to give
ba indicating a suggestion or rhetorical question
不客气 bu ke qi you are welcome; don't mention it
Sentence Practice Pin Yin English Translation
你要买什么? Ni yao mai shen me? What do you want to buy?
你要学什么? Ni yao xue shen me? What do you want to learn?
我要买车 Wo yao mai che. I want to buy a car
我要学中文 Wo yao xue zhong wen.  I want to study Chinese.
你要不要买书? Ni yao bu yao mai shu? Do you want to buy books?
我不要买书 Wo bu yao mai shu I don't want to buy books
我要买铅笔 Wo yao mai qian bi I want to buy pencils
你要不要去? Ni yao bu yao qu? Do you wan to go there?
我今天不去 Wo jin tian bu qu I don't want to go today,
我想明天去 Wo xiang ming tian qu I want to go tomorrow.
我可以去吗? Wo ke yi qu ma? Can I go there?
你不可以去,你太小了 Ni bu ke yi qu, ni tai xiao le You cannot go, you are too young.
他可不可以去? Ta ke bu ke yi qu? Can he go there?
他不可以去,他太老了 Ta bu ke yi qu, ta tai lao le. He cannot go, he is too old.
这本书多少钱? Zhe ben shu duo shao qian? How much is this book?
这本书二十块钱 Zhe ben shu er shi kuai qian? This book is $20.00
这条裙子多少钱? Zhe tiao qun zi duo shao qian? How much is this skirt?
这条裙子五十五块钱 Zhe tiao qun zi wu shi wu kuai qian. The skirt is $50
这条裙子太长了 Zhe tiao qun zi tai chang le This skirt is too long!
这本书太贵了 Zhe ben shu tai gui le This book is too expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment